The District Attorney’s Office released the list of cases expected to be heard when superior court convenes Monday for criminal trials.
The priority cases for the courtrooms of judges David Smith and Carey Nelson appear in no particular order. A complete jury trial calendar can be found on the clerk of superior court’s website.
For Smith’s courtroom, the cases expected to sound first are:
• Jessica Denise Leonard — two counts of aggravated assault under the Family Violence Act, battery (FVA), simple battery (FVA), four counts of cruelty to children in the third degree, first-degree arson and criminal trespass.
• John Wade Cullum — driving under the influence to the extent it is less safe by alcohol and failure to obey person directing traffic.
• Michael Leneal Chatham — DUI - driving under the influence, driving under the influence and open container.
• Mario Daunte Curtis — theft by shoplifting.
• Katherene Denise Crawford — two counts of DUI.
• John Michael Lambert — aggravated assault and two counts of third-degree cruelty to children.
• Mac Nahyee Gibson — five counts of theft by shoplifting.
• Scott Craig Pickel — possession of a controlled substance; and
• Melinda Denise Pratt — possession of a controlled substance, DUI, driving on the wrong side of roadway and failure to maintain lane.
• Bryan Joseph Purdy — possession of marijuana less than an ounce and failure to wear seat safety belt.
For Nelson’s courtroom, the cases expected to sound first are:
• Gary Lynn Brock Jr. — theft by shoplifting and failure to appear; and
• Jessica Nicole Howard — theft by shoplifting and failure to appear.
• Ricky Lee Brawner Sr. — possession of methamphetamine, possession of drug-related objects; and
• Randy Joshua Foster — possession of methamphetamine, possession of drug-related objects; and
• Patricia Arlene Mclendon — possession of methamphetamine, possession of drug-related objects.
• Desiree Shantee Moore — theft by shoplifting and possession of marijuana.
• John Henry Moore — simple battery (FVA).
• John Henry Moore — battery and battery (FVA).
• Kenneth Glenn Boyd — two counts of theft by shoplifting; and
• Beth Ann Boynton — two counts of theft by shoplifting, obstruction of an officer and three counts of simple battery.
• Kenneth Glenn Boyd — possession of a controlled substance, drugs not in original container and giving false information to a law enforcement officer.
• Desiree Shantee Moore — two counts of sale of marijuana.
Court convenes at 9 a.m. Monday in Smith’s courtroom B and Nelson’s courtroom C.