Foremost among the items was a projected rollback in the city’s millage rate to 3.631 mills from 3.640 in 2013.
“We had a slight increase in property taxes,” City Manager Pam Madison said. “So we rolled back the millage rate to offset the property values.”
The council will vote Thursday night whether to authorize the rollback.
Another issue coming before the council Thursday are motions to authorize referenda elections to allow voters to decide if they want Sunday sales of alcoholic beverages — both retail package sales and on-premises consumption.
In other agenda items, the council considered:
• Approval of a resolution establishing appointments to City of Adairsville advisory boards.
• Adoption of the Historic Preservation Ordinance.
• Approval of the Urban Redevelopment Plan for the Georgia Highway 140 corridor.
• Authorizing the city manager to amend job descriptions as necessary to implement reorganization.
• Authorizing staff to receive bids for resurfacing tennis courts at Rex Moncus Park.
• Noting for the record the replacement of two air conditioner units in the Adairsville Rail Depot.
• Authorizing a contract with Advanced Electrical Systems for repairs to the gazebo and rail depot not to exceed $27,000.
The Adairsville City Council’s regular meeting will be held on Thursday, Aug. 14, at 7 p.m. at the Adairsville Rail Depot.