Gas leak leads to evacuation, closes road
by Staff Report
Aug 10, 2012 | 1780 views | 0 0 comments | 10 10 recommendations | email to a friend | print
Bartow County emergency personnel on Thursday responded to the area of Glade Road and Catfish Court after a gas main ruptured.

According to Bartow County Fire Department Sgt. Tim Patterson, firefighters were called just minutes after noon to the Acworth location after a road crew working in the area severed the two-inch gas line. Upon arrival, crews found the cut in the main spewing gas.

Residents around the area were evacuated, and the roadway was closed until the gas company could shut off the line’s supply.