Evans was indicted in February on aggravated sodomy, two counts of aggravated sexual battery, attempted rape, aggravated assault and battery. He was found not guilty for aggravated sodomy.
The incident occurred on April 8, 2009, in the home of the 23-year-old victim.
The victim testified Tuesday that she only knew the victim through casual passing but was comfortable enough to let him in to use her phone.
Moments after using the phone, the victim said Evans put something around her neck, dragging her to a bedroom where the assault and attempted rape took place.
The assault came to an abrupt end when the victim's sister returned home, Evans left through the back door and the victim went to the front door where she told her sister she had been raped.
Closing arguments were heard Wednesday morning and the jury began deliberations around 1:30 p.m. They came back with a guilty verdict Thursday afternoon. Evans will be sentenced at a later date pending a pre-sentence investigation according to Judge David Smith.
The Daily Tribune News was contacted by phone Thursday by the victim. She wanted to say the following: "Me and my family will continue to pray for him and his family. We wish only comfort for his family at this time."
Marc Clark, attorney for Evans, said that a motion to appeal will be filed immediately.