Man arrested after officer finds him smoking meth
by Staff Report
Oct 18, 2011 | 2728 views | 0 0 comments | 9 9 recommendations | email to a friend | print
Cartersville police arrested a man Sunday evening after the officer discovered him smoking methamphetamine in his room at 1400 Joe Frank Harris Parkway.

According to the incident report, the officer was called to the area of Parkway North after reports of an intoxicated man trying to start fights with a knife.

The officer discovered a man matching the description in room 335 with the door open while he smoked "some sort of drug off of tinfoil through a rolled-up dollar bill." When the officer took John Melvin Turner into custody, a small bag containing a white, crystal substance was found near him.

He was arrested and charged with possession of meth and possession of a drug-related object.

Adairsville police arrest man for cocaine

On Saturday, Adairsville police arrested an Adairsville man for possession of cocaine.

According to Chief Robert Jones, the chief and officers made the arrest after conducting a traffic stop on a vehicle. Officers searched the man's vehicle and discovered an amount of cocaine consistent with drug distribution, according to an APD release. The vehicle driven by Erwin Peter Jackson, 53, of Summer Street in Adairsville, and an amount of U.S. currency was seized.

Jackson is charged with probation violation, possession of cocaine and open container.

Line stolen from power pole

A phone line was stolen from a power pole in Adairsville, according to a complainant.

Bartow County Sheriff's Office deputies were called out to Youngs Mill Road Sunday morning where a man told the deputy phone lines were taken from the power poles without permission.

According to the man's measurement, roughly 160 feet of line was stolen.

Fire burns kitchen

A fire that started around noon Monday damaged the kitchen of an apartment off Grassdale Road.

According to the Bartow County Fire Department, the fire at The Evergreens at the Vineyard on Sheffield Place began on the stove by unattended cooking. The blaze destroyed the stove and the wall behind it. Damage also was reported to the surrounding cabinets.

There were no reports of injuries, and no evacuations were ordered.