Man stabbed in confrontation
by Staff Reports
Nov 10, 2010 | 2222 views | 0 0 comments | 10 10 recommendations | email to a friend | print
A man reported he was walking down Jones Street Monday evening when two to three males jumped him from behind and he was stabbed twice.

The complainant stated he did not know the males and could not provide a description of race or clothing type. According to the incident report, he fought for about 15 seconds and the males ran off.

At Cartersville Medical Center, the Bartow County Sheriff's deputy observed a small open wound to the upper section of the complainant's right leg and an open wound about 2 inches long in the center of his back.

Copper wire stolen at Cartersville business

On Monday about 1:23 p.m., Cartersville police responded to M&N Electric, 375 Old Mill Road, in reference to a burglary report.

The complainant reported that between noon Saturday and Monday about 5:30 a.m. the metal wall on the north side of the building was cut and scrap copper wire that was located inside the building in a yellow barrel was stolen. He also stated someone removed two buckets from inside the building.

According to the Cartersville Police Department's incident report, tracks showed the suspect(s) moved the copper wire into the parking lot to the west of the building. There were binoculars, a razor blade knife and a glove left at the scene by the suspect(s) that were entered into evidence at the Cartersville Police Department.

Burglary reported at quarry in White

A burglary was reported on Tuesday at APAC Mid-South Cartersville Quarry, 20 Gaines Road in White.

The plant manager said he discovered about $100,000 worth of industrial wiring and electrical switch gear taken from a motor control center and transformer located at the back of the property. He said the plant was not in operation at the time of this report, which explained why someone would have the time to take the property.

According to the Bartow County Sheriff's incident report, no one has been at the location to discover the theft for about three months. The plant manager explained whoever took the property must of known what they were doing because the wiring and electrical switch gear taken was from high voltage equipment that could severely injure or kill anyone that touched it.