Motorhome fire closes interstate
by Staff Report
Oct 16, 2011 | 2359 views | 0 0 comments | 9 9 recommendations | email to a friend | print
Saturday afternoon at 3:17 a motorhome traveling northbound on Interstate 75 north of exit 290 caught fire closing all three lanes for an hour and a half.

According to the Bartow County Fire Department, the man from Acworth pulled over after another driver waved him down. As soon as he pulled off the side of the road the vehicle's flames shot up and engulfed the vehicle. The fire was a result of mechanical trouble. No other vehicles were involved and no one was injured.

Authorities redirected traffic through the emergency lane while the three lanes were closed. Both the Bartow County Fire Department and the Cartersville Fire Department responded.

Two women arrested

after fight over 'boyfriend'

On Saturday morning around 5:47, an officer was dispatched to an address in Cartersville in reference to a fight in progress. The officer was informed that a woman -- who stood outside the address -- may have a knife.

Arriving at the address, the officer made contact with a woman who stood outside the address, yelling while banging on the door. Due to the possibility of a knife, she was detained until the scene was secure. She told the officer that she came to the address because her boyfriend was with another woman.

The officer observed a small cut on her left knee, a broken pot, and that the light outside the address was broken.

The officer contacted the supposed boyfriend who said that she was just a friend. According to his account, she came upstairs where he and another woman were. She began banging on the door and when he opened the door she attacked him and the other woman. From that point on, he said he tried -- with the help of the resident of the address -- to get the first woman out of the residence. The officer did not observe any sign of physical violence on the man. The resident of the address confirmed that he and the other man pushed the first woman out of the residence.

According to the second woman, the woman came into the room and began hitting her and the man. She said that she also cut her on the head with an unknown object that was in her hand. She said the man and the resident of the location managed to push the first woman out of the residence where she continued to break items outside. The officer did observe a small cut on the back of the second woman's head and one just above her forehead, but did not locate the object which might have made the injuries.

A neighbor reported that a concrete sculpture that was previously in front of her address had been moved and broken in front of the address in which the fight was reported to have occurred.

The first woman was arrested for battery and criminal trespass. Neither the man nor the resident of the address wanted to press charges. The second woman also was arrested as she had a fraud warrant out for her arrest through Cedertown. Both women were transported separately to jail.