The NWC project would build two new managed lanes along the west side of Interstate 75 between its interchanges with interstates 285 and 575. The lanes would be separated from the existing interstate and would be reversible so that both would carry traffic southbound during morning commute hours and northbound in the evenings. Above the I-575 interchange, one new reversible lane would be added in the I-75 center median to Hickory Grove Road and a similar new I-575 lane would extend to Sixes Road. A variable-rate toll, based on traffic volume, would be assessed for access to the lanes. Vehicles would access the managed lane system via six new interchanges on I-75 and slip ramp access points from existing lanes on I-575.
The re-evaluation of the Final Environmental Impact Statement (FEIS) is available for review at the following locations:
• Atlanta-Fulton County Library, One Margaret Mitchell Square, Atlanta, GA 30303;
• Cobb County Central Library, 266 Roswell St., Marietta, GA 30060;
• RT Jones Memorial Library, 116 Brown Industrial Parkway, Canton, GA 30114;
• Georgia Department of Transportation, Office of Environmental Services, 600 W. Peachtree St. N.W., 16th Floor, Atlanta, GA 30308;
• GDOT District 6 Main Office, 500 Joe Frank Harris Parkway, Cartersville, GA 30120,
• GDOT District 6 Cherokee Area Engineer’s Office, 874 Peeples Valley Road N.W., Cartersville, GA 30120;
• GDOT District 7 Main Office, 5025 New Peachtree Road, Chamblee, GA 30341; and
• GDOT District 7 Office, Cobb Area Engineer’s Office, 1269 Kennestone Circle, Marietta, GA 30066.
The document also can be viewed online at http://www.nwcproject.com/.
The public may request a hard copy or DVD of the re-evaluation document via the “contact us” tab on the above website; by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org; or by calling 404-377-4012.
Written comments may be submitted to Darryl D. VanMeter, P.E., State Innovative Program Delivery Engineer, Georgia Department of Transportation, 19th Floor, One Georgia Center, 600 W. Peachtree St., Atlanta, GA 30308.
For more information on Georgia DOT, visit www.dot.ga.gov, on Facebook (www.facebook.com/GeorgiaDOT) and Twitter (http://twitter.com/gadeptoftrans).