Man's house broken into as he visits wife in hospital
by Staff Report
Feb 01, 2011 | 3335 views | 0 0 comments | 8 8 recommendations | email to a friend | print
A pistol was stolen from a Cartersville home over the weekend in an apparent robbery.

Cartersville police responded to a burglary call on Hill Top Drive on Sunday. The homeowner told the officer that while he was visiting his wife in the hospital their home was broken into. His sister-in-law had gone to the home to drop off items when she encountered a male dressed in dark clothes running out the door.

A check of the home revealed nothing else missing. The report states there were no signs of forced entry, but the back door was left unlocked.

Arrest in stolen car and meth possession

Two people were arrested last Thursday by the Adairsville Police Department and charged with possession of methamphetamine with intent to distribute and theft by receiving stolen property.

According to Chief Charles Stafford, officers made the arrest after Natasha Daniel Lee, 24, of 19 Dogwood Place, Cartersville, and Ryan Scott Harris, 28, of 958 Shaw Road, Adairsville, were stopped by a patrol officer for a traffic violation. A further investigation of the 1997 Ford truck driven by Lee showed the vehicle was stolen.

A search of the vehicle yielded methamphetamine, digital scales, packaging materials and weapons. Chief Stafford estimated the street value of the methamphetamine to be in excess of $1,000.

The pair were transported to the Bartow County Jail and are waiting bond.

Woman's house burglarized while on vacation

A woman returned to her Acworth home Sunday afternoon to find it burglarized.

Cartersville police arrived at 7038 Mountain Ridge and spoke with the victim who said she had been in Lawrenceville the past two weeks while her husband was in Mexico. She said when she returned the house was completely empty and two air conditioning units were missing. Other items, including a leaf blower and all the food from the kitchen, were taken and the gas meter was disconnected. The fire department and Atlanta Gas responded to take care of the gas leak.