The planned development will include:
* 16 tournament Baseball Fields
* 14 Tournament Lacrosse / Soccer Fields
* FIFA II Certified Field for NCAA and International Soccer Events
* 118,000-square-foot indoor sports pavilion for lacrosse, soccer, wrestling, baseball, volleyball, gymnastics and cheerleading
* More than 1 million square feet of mixed-use/retail with approximately 20 restaurants
* Approximately 1,500 hotel rooms on-site
LakePoint Sporting Community & Town Center will be home to two major tenants. Perfect Game, USA, the "gold standard" resource for baseball recruiting for collegiate, minor and major league scouts. Braveheart, LLC, a joint venture between LB3 Lacrosse, one of the nation's premier organizers of Lacrosse camps, clinics and tournament travel teams, and North Atlanta Soccer Association (NASA), the largest youth soccer organizations in the Southeast.
"LakePoint promotes a healthier youth," said Bobby Cox, development partner of LakePoint Sporting Community & Town Center and former Atlanta Braves Manager. "After all our youth are the future and this project will have a two-fold positive effect not only for economic stimulus, but also the physical and developmental well-being of our youth."
LakePoint's sports complex will produce approximately 2,400 jobs, while the entire development at full build out is projected to produce up to 26,000 jobs, making the new development one of the largest employers in northwest Georgia. Perfect Game USA is moving its 50-plus person headquarter operation from Cedar Rapids, Iowa, to Bartow County.
The privately-funded LakePoint project was funded with a number of capital partners, including Hibernian Pacific Holdings, LLC. LakePoint will not only host hundreds of baseball tournaments, but also lacrosse and soccer tournaments for approximately 10 out of 12 months per year.
The first pitch, kick and shot are slated for 2013.