The home at 20 Carnes Drive in Cartersville erupted into flames after a malfunction with a dryer, according to Bartow County Fire Marshal Bryan Cox. The resident suffered from smoke inhalation and burns to the throat and face. One firefighter also was injured during fire suppression but Cox said he is recovering well.
The fire was contained to the area near the dryer with 25 percent of the home damaged from the blaze and about 60 percent damaged from smoke. Four stations responded, including stations 9, 6, 3 and 11. The first truck on scene reported seeing heavy smoke and flames. All trucks left the home at approximately 7:30 p.m. after arriving around 4 p.m.