1 transported after fire
by Staff Report
May 03, 2012 | 2216 views | 0 0 comments | 16 16 recommendations | email to a friend | print
Bartow County Fire Department reported two residential fires Wednesday evening, including a total loss.

According to BCFD Sgt. Tim Patterson, a blaze just before noon Wednesday left a single-wide mobile home in Kingston with moderate damage.

Stations 2, 7 and 10 responded to the Madden Road residence to find light smoke showing. A bystander advised the resident had made it out of the home.

The fire was determined to be caused by an electrical malfunction in either an air conditioner or chest freezer, Patterson said.

He said the homeowner's wife transported the man to the hospital for further treatment of possible smoke inhalation.

On Tuesday, the department worked a total loss in Cartersville, according to Patterson.

Stations 1, 2, 5 and 8 responded to the Spring Place Road home about noon to find the single-wide mobile home fully involved.

The caretaker advised he had been burning brush on Monday, left the home for a time and returned to find the structure burned.

No one was injured in that blaze.