The loan will close March 5 with the balance to be paid off by Dec. 31 with expected tax revenue. Funds will be used for general operating purposes.
The TANS process has been used by the county for some years, most notably since the economic downturn in 2007.
Taylor also approved an option agreement to purchase six acres on Glade Road near the intersection with New Hope Church Road for $180,000.
“The county is going to apply for a … Community Development Block Grant to build a resource center down there, kind of similar to the North Bartow Resource Center,” County Administrator Peter Olson said. “And then we also have plans for a fire station that way in the [Special Purpose Local Option Sales Tax] program, plans for a compactor site for solid waste and plans for a community center or gym-type facility for the recs department. So our hope is this 6-acre site can be a hub for all those community activities.”
The grant application will be submitted April 1.
In other action Wednesday, Taylor also:
• Signed the annual operating contract with the Georgia Department of Transportation for the DOT’s portion of Bartow County Transit funding for fiscal year 2014. Olson said GDOT is responsible for roughly half that budget.
• Approved the five-year, short-term work program update for 2013 through 2017 to the local comprehensive plan.
• Signed a joint request with Cartersville Mayor Matt Santini to the Georgia Department of Community Affairs to extend the Less Developed Census Tract designation for tracts previously under the title.
• Approved an ordinance to amend the county code to adopt a fee schedule for fire marshal activities and inspections.
• Signed an ordinance to amend the code relating to enforcement of speed zones for the Bartow County Sheriff’s Office. The change includes listing Interstate 75 in the zones.
• Approved an ordinance to amend the code relating to solid waste disposal.
• Signed a malt beverage license for Burnt Hickory Food Mart’s new ownership.
• Adopted the new official county seal bearing his name.