Miranda Dawn Henry faces more than 10 counts in the molestation of a girl under 16 years of age between July 2010 and June 2012. Set to go to trial in Judge Carey Nelson’s courtroom, Henry was indicted by the February term of the grand jury on two counts of aggravated child molestation, three counts of aggravated sexual battery, seven counts of child molestation and first-degree cruelty to children.
According to the indictment, Henry performed sexual acts on the girl and had the girl perform sexual acts on the defendant.
Also among the cases expected to be sounded first in Nelson’s courtroom are:
• Christopher Robert Lanham — possession of a schedule I controlled substance and possession of controlled substance by inmate.
• Ricky Paul Holt — theft by receiving stolen property (motor vehicle), forgery, possession of marijuana with intent to distribute and possession of methamphetamine; and Elaine Black Holt — possession of methamphetamine and possession of marijuana less than an ounce.
• Simon Peter Warren — two counts of aggravated assault, terroristic threats, criminal trespass, possession of meth by ingestion, distribution of meth, cruelty to children in the first degree, reckless conduct and contributing to the delinquency of a minor.
• Nathan Williams — battery under the Family Violence Act.
• Joni Mae Earwood and Mindy Nicole Earwood — kidnapping, false imprisonment special presentment, robbery and battery.
• Toby George West — possession of meth with intent to distribute in violation of Georgia Controlled Substance Act, VGCSA possession of meth, VGCSA possession of meth by ingestion and VGCSA possession of marijuana less than one ounce; and Laura Rebecca Wofford — VGCSA possession of meth, VGCSA possession of meth by ingestion and VGCSA possession of marijuana less than one ounce.
In Judge David Smith’s courtroom, the following cases are those the court expects to first sound:
• Jason Van Maddox — burglary.
• Aaron Lee McCarthy — aggravated sexual battery and child molestation.
• Brent Lee Mann — aggravated battery under the Family Violence Act, two counts of battery (FVA) special presentment, cruelty to children in the third degree.
• Shona Renee Bone — driving while license suspended.
• Joseph Nicholas Navarrette — driving under the influence and violation of duty upon striking fixed object.
• Tiffany Marie McNeil — DUI, four counts of endangering a child while driving under the influence, two counts of giving false information to a law enforcement officer and failure to maintain lane.
• Carl James Beattie — four counts of simple battery.