The office of Cherokee Judicial Circuit District Attorney Rosemary Greene released this week the top cases expected to sound in the courtrooms of Judge Shepherd Howell and Judge Scott Smith.
The priority cases selected first for jury trial are listed in no particular order.
For Howell’s courtroom, the priority criminal cases are:
• Stacey Fillmon — failure to appear, cruelty to children in the first degree — special presentment, cruelty to children in the second degree and making false statement.
• Irvin James Lynn — aggravated assault, cruelty to children in the first degree, cruelty to children in the second degree and making false statement.
• Keith Allen Crowley — possession of contraband by inmate; two counts of sale, distribution, possession of dangerous drugs; tampering with evidence; willful obstruction of an officer.
• Gary Cicero Vick — crossing the guard; sale, distribution, possession of dangerous drugs.
• Calvin Grady Cross — theft by taking, theft by deception and failure to appear.
• Ralph Anthony Lingerfelt — failure to stop at a stop sign and failure to wear a seat safety belt.
• Jeremiah Drew Graham — driving under the influence and failure to maintain lane.
For Smith’s courtroom, the priority criminal cases are:
• Sandy Grady Saunders — simple battery.
• Tira Anne Scrivani — possession of methamphetamine, possession of marijuana less than 1 ounce and possession of drug-related object.
• Anthony Shane Ray — trafficking in methamphetamine, felony theft by receiving stolen property, possession of firearm during commission of a felony, fleeing or attempting to elude a police officer, driving while license suspended or revoked, reckless driving, improper display of license plates, driving on improper registration and possession of firearm by convicted felon.
• Yvonne Irene Alexander — sale of marijuana.
• Dustin Edward Sale — riot in penal institution and battery.
Court convenes at 9 a.m. in Howell’s courtroom A and Smith’s courtroom D at the Frank Moore Administration and Judicial Center, 135 W. Cherokee Ave., Cartersville.