Cherokee Judicial Circuit District Attorney Rosemary Greene released Friday a list of criminal cases for Judge Scott Smith and Judge Carey Nelson’s courtroom expected to sound first.
For Smith’s court, the following — in no particular order — are priority cases for jury trial:
• Laura Rebecca Wofford — battery.
• Shannon Terrell Winters — sale of marijuana.
• Kristie Ann Huskins — sale of methamphetamine.
• Noah Ester Farmer — sale of meth.
• Anthony Shane Free — burglary in the first degree - special presentment, two counts of first-degree burglary and possession of meth.
• Devonta Marquayle White — two counts of armed robbery.
• James Christopher Wardrop — two counts of obscene Internet contact with a child and computer pornography.
For Nelson’s court, the following — in no particular order — are priority cases for jury trial:
• Jason Keith Barrett — aggravated child molestation, aggravated sodomy - special presentment, two counts of child molestation - special presentment, false imprisonment - special presentment, battery, three counts of simple battery - special presentment.
• Alejandro Benitez — trafficking meth, two counts of possession of firearm during commission of a felony.
• Jose Garcia — trafficking meth, possession of firearm during commission of a felony, two counts of possession of marijuana with intent to distribute.
• Eric Eugene House — trafficking meth, possession of firearm during commission of a felony, possession of marijuana with intent to distribute, possession of controlled substance by inmate, possession of firearm by convicted felon.
• Jeovany Perez — trafficking meth and possession of firearm during commission of a felony.
• Michael Stephen Tackett — aggravated battery, two counts of obstruction of an officer, three counts of obstruction of emergency medical personnel, simple assault and criminal trespass.
• Phillip Rodger Bennett — arson in the first degree, criminal damage to property in the first degree, two counts of aggravated assault, burglary in the first degree, terroristic threats, possession of tools for commission of a crime, two counts of reckless conduct and criminal trespass.
• Cecily Yvonne Ballengee — aggravated stalking, obstruction of an officer, battery and hindering emergency phone call.
Court convenes at 9 a.m. Monday in Smith’s courtroom D and Carey’s courtroom C at the Frank Moore Administration and Judicial Center, 135 W. Cherokee Ave.