Mayor Dennis Thayer said the city received 19 applications of which nine were invited to a first interview. Finalists will be invited for a second interview.
The advertised position calls for the successful candidate to have a bachelor’s degree in a related field and be currently certified in cardio-pulmonary resuscitation (CPR) and basic first aid.
Some of the director’s responsibilities include:
• planning and implementing a comprehensive program of tournaments
• maintaining relationships with national associations affiliated with sports and tournaments to maximize tournament scheduling opportunities
• maintaining media communications and marketing services
• overseeing and performing field maintenance
• developing departmental policies and procedures
• preparing an annual budget
• hiring, training, evaluating and counseling department staff
• maintaining and staffing the park concession stand and
• coordinating facility reservations and rental.
The Euharlee City Council will meet on July 1 at 7 p.m. at Euharlee City Hall.