First on the agenda will be an agreement for repaving and drainage work for a portion of Old Alabama Road from Sixth Street to Bethany Baptist Church. The heavy rains of the past year have affected the base of that section of roadway, causing the pavement to sink and crumble.
Likewise, the city will consider a contract for repaving a portion of Fourth Street.
The city's agenda also includes the following items:
* A public hearing and second reading of the 2010-2011 budget.
* A public hearing and second reading of the 2010-2011 state drug fund budget.
* A resolution to litigation involving the city.
* An agreement for police department revenue sharing.
* A contract for a LARP project on Eleventh Street.
* A first reading of the City of Emerson Soil Erosion Sedimentation and Pollution Control Ordinance.
* Approval of the Public Works Safety Manual.
* A first reading of the water rate structure for District 2.
* A resolution to amend development regulations section 800 post development stormwater management for new development and redevelopment.
* A resolution to amend development regulations section 1000 illicit discharge and illegal connection.
The city will also discuss the items listed on the agenda during a work session at 5:30 p.m. The regular city council meeting will follow at 7 p.m.